{Hello September}

11:12 AM

I'm not a huge fan of autumn... Mostly because it's the realization of the fact that summer is over. Gone. For 9 and a half more months. This fall, however, I am trying to stay as positive as possible... I got this. (Till it snows for the first time. Then I'm done.)

Last night, I had the privilege to see remnants of the Dead Sea Scrolls, first printed Bibles, and fractions of the Iliad with two wonderful friends of mine. We marveled over the pieces and listened to a man in a silly hat attempt to make jokes about Christians, Agnostics, and Atheists all at the same time (Skill? More like fail.)

Shortly after this, our real adventure began. A nasty funnel cake that made the non-diabetic feel sick, an adorable old man, and some bragging on Jesus-doings happened while we waited for the Most Awesome Barista to finish cleaning up the castle. We took pictures, Mr. Tumnus hissed at me, and we found a knight in dull armor (My guess is that too many girls hung on his arms, making the armor less than shining. Girls these days...) When the MAB finally finished cleaning the castle, we headed out to the car only to find that MAB and his SB brother had mixed up their car keys, so we had the wrong keys. (Don't ask.) (Unless you're wondering what SB stands for... Which is "sexy beast", of course.) After more picture taking of light posts, silhouettes, and gangsters, we were off! To Taco Bell! And Village Inn! Yeah buddy! While at VI, we got some pretty decent cheese fries and managed to severely irritate our waitress. (Like a boss) At about the same time, we all got a little slap happy (hap slappy?) and I laughed so hard, I almost peed my pants. Thankfully, the bathroom was right next to our booth. Mixture of grossness and a lifesaver right there. We decided to go to Mickey D's and get crappy coffee (Starbucks was already closed) and blared Whitney Houston's "I Will Always Love You".

On our way home, my two wonderful friends (we had ditched MAB at this point) talked about brokenness, families, healing, Papa's miracles, and promises. Seriously, the best first night of fall I have ever had. Pretty crazy weird but ridiculously wonderful.

These moments, these people, the laughter, and beautiful insanity. THIS is why I can face tomorrow with a smile. This is why I'm keeping my head up. So I can let my hair down and belt out love songs with my buddies as we laugh like seals. Boom.

~ Jayla Moi

You Might Also Like

0 comments