Every Breath

12:05 AM

Dear year two thousand and thirteen,



I do not look forward to the arguments, hurtful words, emotional destruction, and actions led by anger.



I do not look forward to the pain my family, friends, and I will endure, spiritually, physically, or emotionally.



I do not look forward to the days when finances are tight and income is scarce.



I do not look forward to the deep mistakes I will make.



I do not look forward to the friends I will lose, whether to death, miscommunication, or pride.



I do not look forward to the hurt I will cause others due to my selfishness and pride.



But.



I do look forward to brokenness.



Out of brokenness, there is restoration. For out of the ashes, there is beauty.



I look forward to the life, hope, joy, and love I will experience with others.



I look forward to the abundant healing and freedom that will be given to the absolute fullest.



I look forward to the times when I have to depend on Papa God to provide money, trusting Him to meet my financial needs. Through that challenge, I know I will become even closer to Him.



I look forward to all I will learn and the ways I will grow, in ways I've never known.



I look forward to the new lives, both born and given to Jesus.



I look forward to the new friends I will be given and the opportunities to deepen the friendship with the ones I currently am blessed to have.



I look forward to the pieces of joy and hope I will bring to others, through the Holy Spirit and His everlasting power and love.



Yes, I am uncertain about this year. And that in itself causes fear... But more than that, I am excited to see what Jesus will do. His perfect love casts out all fear. Though I typically fail to receive His love, I will take each day at a time. One step at a time. One breath at a time. Every breath is a second chance.

You Might Also Like

0 comments