{Perfect}

12:39 PM

This is a poem written by one of my beautiful, wonderful friends =)

What is {perfect}
What can perfect mean
How can perfect make me be
More than I’ll ever be able to reach

What is {perfect}
A cloud of dust
Gritty sandstorms screaming wind
Can’t see past the storm I’m in
To find what has to be {perfect}

Where is {perfect}
Things always changing
You stay the same no one’s remaining
Say goodbye to {perfect} again

{Perfect} promises invisible treasures
Somewhere over the rainbow
Find {perfect} waiting just for you
With bony fingers grasping for your sanity

Give {perfect} all you have
Yes give her all your love your passion
Your days your nights your legs that dance
The sound of music in your ears
She'd rather dance a silent invisible march

Give {perfect} the nights you felt so warm
Give her your lips and hands
She'll sell them for a higher cause
Eternity promises to trade your best for {perfect}

What is {perfect}
Is {perfect} happy
Is {perfect} sad
Can {perfect} ever give enough
Is perfect loud announced arrival
Or secrets silent hidden dreams

Smaller thighs
Smaller waist
Is this really all that {perfect} takes
Smaller voice
Smaller grace
What humanity demands while {perfect} waits

What is {perfect}
When your collarbones define your saving grace
When numbers are the rhythm of a larger melody
What doesn’t exist is more important than the things that do

How is {perfect}
The angel of the broken
The saint of those unspoken
Hiding all your insecurities perfectly

I want {perfect}
Making me empty clean
Washing the stain of breath away
Drowning the red in a sea of Perfect white

You need {perfect}
To hold you down
Make you stable in a filthy ocean of doubt
To justify the sacrifices you make for {perfect}

{Perfect} wants you
Trade your freedom
Sell your soul
Mark your body not your own

Watch as {perfect}
Steals your happiness
Mutes your laugh
Numbs your arms that used to hold

{Perfect} is a race to the death
Fighting your best friends
Whoever loses the most will win the best
Jealousy: the label of {perfect}

{Perfect} means standing tall as you crumble
{Perfect} means a whitewashed grave
{Perfect} is a downhill tumble faster, faster give yourself away
All you have to give for {perfect}
Is everything you loved

What isn’t {perfect}
Is what I want to be
Traitorous desires not the perfection
Sold to me by my best enemies
Secret wishes keep them whispers

{Perfect} wants to own my hands
Guard my heart freezing cold
Perfect means never enough
Can I be {perfect} anymore?
I can't be {perfect} anymore.

Copyright Lost in the Crowd 2009

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I like this somehow it seems awfully true for me. Thanks Ani.

    ReplyDelete