Sand and Stone

3:01 PM

I got this in an email forward like, a year ago, but I LOVE this story...

Two friends were walking through the desert. During one point through the journey they had an argument, and one friend slapped the other in the face. The one who got slapped was hurt and wrote in the sand "Today my BEST FRIEND slapped me in the face." They kept walking until they found an oasis where they decided to take a bath. The one who had been slapped in the face caught their foot and began to drown, but his friend saved him. After recovering he carved in a sand "Today my Best Friend saved my life." The friend who had slapped him and saved his life asked him "When I hurt you, you wrote in the sand and now you write on a stone, why?" The friend replied, "When someone hurts us we should write in sand, where winds of forgiveness can wipe it away. When someone does something good for us we must engrave it in stone where no one can EVER erase it.

To me that stone that we engrave it in is our stony hearts...

That's Just the way it looks from where I'm standing...

Annie

You Might Also Like

0 comments